Thank you everyone for your thoughts, advice and support. I was unaware that I had responses coming in. Thank YOU!

Jerry just finished his first week of chemo-rads. Only got four treatments in because the machine was not working Tuesday (that's kinda scary in my mind!?). Anyway, he wrapped up Friday and we met with the radiation oncologist. My first time with him since I had my last work trip. The RO explained the treatment plan with me. He is indeed planning to fire this thing with full guns. Based on what I heard from him, and other entries I have been trying to get through, I have several questions:
1. Cisplatin vs Carboplatin: My husband was already hearing challenged and while he responded well to the induction chemo treat using Cisplatin, looking for thoughts about changing over now to the Carbo for this phase of chemo-radiation.
2. The mandibule: At 70 Gy, is there any protection that can be requested for the mandibule? The RO said he has never had a patient who has had problems from the high dose, but it appears to me unless I am misreading the entries � and I can misinterpret fairly easy � that mandibule issues are not uncommon?
3. Dental: Although he has already started this week, again after doing some catch-up reading, should I be pursuing a tray for fluoride treatments or are there options just as effective.
4. Recommendations for other comforts:
a. moisturizers/lotions
b. humidifiers
c. mouth wash
d. toothpaste
e. antacids
f. anti-nausea meds that have worked best. We have Rx�s for dexamethasone, zofran (ondancetron), Compazine (excuse my misspellings)

Jerry is also scheduled for his PEG Friday. He�s agreeable when talking to a doctor, but as soon as we leave the office, he tells me he�s not going to do it. Argh! Bless his heart! I would not want one either. I mean who does! But seems best to have and not use than to get caught without one and need it. Hopefully he�ll recover as readily having eight doses of radiation going.

I cannot begin to tell each of you how very grateful I am for your feedback and thankful for this site. I have been feeling really lost for a couple of weeks and while I wanted to come in then, I have been down enough that I was afraid to. This is great site for information and advice and voices of experience, but bottomline, HN cancer and its treatment really sucks. Hard for me to read about still. Thank you. Thank you! Blessings and Hugs to each of you!

Gayle, CG to incredible husband, age 53 yrs
DX 10/26/11, never smoked, casual drinker
Stage 4, T2 N3 SCC, right tonsil, node cluster in r. neck
Tx 2-3 cycles induction chemo followed by chemo-radiation 33 treatments w/concurrent cisplatin for six weeks of 7 week treatment
PEG in 02.03.12