Don... Lulu is in Europe, not the US. Let me further clarify what I wrote earlier.

When a PET scan gives a positive result, the doctor would be doing something not just ignoring it. In Lulu's case, nothing has been done. The very least a doctor would be doing with a positive PET is another test. Since the PET was done almost a year ago, by now it would have been determined if it was cancer and treated. So far, Lulu has had to ask the doctors for tests. She says the doctors she has seen arent even doing a thorough exam. Its been going on much too long that she needs to further advocate for herself.

Lulu, if I came across the wrong way, I apologize. I know you are worried especially now because the weight loss is so much. It is alot to lose in a short time period. I would suggest if your latest doctor does not come up with an answer to go to a large treatment facility where they are familiar with oral cancer. Here in the US we have cancer centers where they specialize in being the top places to get treated. There the doctors will all get together and conference to come up with the best course of treatment for the individual patient. This is why cancer centers are so superior to smaller facilities where they may not be familiar with oral cancer. Things are very very different in other countries. I hope you are able to find a qualified doctor who will find the cause of all your problems. Most of all I hope you do not have cancer! Be well!!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma