Lori, thats just insane!!!!

If you havent called the American Cancer Society yet, please call your local chapter. They helped me with my meds by sending a voucher to the pharmacy for $300 to help with my meds. I have good insurance but the more expensive meds had a $40 co-pay which added up quickly.

Another avenue is the drug manufacuterer. Look up the meds online, most companies have something to help people in your situation.

You could also try the hospital where he is treated. Ask for help. Where I went, they asked the patients if they were ok or in need of financial assistance. Even try asking the doctor who is prescribing the meds if they have samples or have any resources you can go thru.

Even try asking a church or local organization like Lyons clubs. It doesnt hurt to ask, the worst that can happen is they say no which is where you are right now. I dont know how medical assistance works with prescriptions, but maybe your local public assistance office is worth a try too.

Your husband needs these meds to get thru tx. Just remember, its ok to ask for help. Hope you find some assistance.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma