Ginger being diabetic makes this surgery and further treatments difficult at best...I am insulin dependant so if I don't eat enough I have lows and it is hard to judge insullin dosage...I have never been so baffled have to keep sugars down to heal properly but yet you need enough calories to keep up strength without raising sugars...I have never had a doctor be so happy to hear I haven't lost weight...

Depending on what kind of diet he can have meaning how solid I will put my thinking cap on and it is a lot of trial and error too sometimes I think I want something make it take a few bites or spoonfuls and decide yuck not today...there are a lot of other people here with tricks too!!!

Give your dad hugs and tell him to keep trying...I also have false teeth so taste is hard considering top taste buds are covered and well the tongue is numb so I too have few taste buds..it does make things a bit blazee...A good member to ask about recipes is Christine and her famous peanut butter milkshakes they are a great way to get protien and tasty too cold so help with swelling...

Good luck
Dianne

Dianne..treatment at cc at Victoria Hospital, London, Ontario...insulin dependant, Surgery Sept 8/08 Tracheotomy,composite resection and bilateral neck dissection, left radial forearm free flap... T2N0 squamous cell carcinoma. No radiation A little over 2 yrs clear YAY