Well I called the cancer center yesterday and asked about the pet scan, I was told they would call me back right away, this was about the 4th. time I called in last few weeks. they didn't call so I went down there this morning and told them I wanted an appointment, the lady came out after a few mins. with a day and a time. when I got home it was on the answering mech. They had put it on there, before I even got down there so If I had only waited a little longer, I'm just getting tired of waiting. They are going to do it on Sat. I didn't think anyone would work on the labor day weekend. Now I feel bad. after reading everything
I could on here and your replys, I called the doctor office and told them I wanted radiation, so they have set up appointmemts. already have a mask. went by the acs, she was very nice and gave me a name and number of a social service person, said they would be more help. She told me that her sister didn't need anybody to drive her, that she took care of herself. I asked her what kind of cancer and she said colon. she don't think radiatio/chemo is that bad....would be nice if she was right, but I rather listen to someone who's been there. I'm prepairing for everything if its not that bad, great, if it is then I'll be ready. Thank youall, you have been a big help.

cancer surgery on July 7th. 2008, I'm now a survivor. cancer free for now. 39 radiation, and 8 chemo treatments.