my husband is 79 and for the last 7 years he has been forgetting things, he is now to the point where he can't understand what you are saying to him ( you say one thing, He hears another) he can take care of him self with a little reminder. he can ask what day it is 5 or 6 times a day. it's hard to explain, hes a very loving and careing person, but he might go to his room and forget, I'm even in the house. I'm going to a cancer center but the doctors are only there 1 or 2 times a week, we live in small town and they come from 48 miles away. no second opinion, no where to get one, ent don't think I need to do anything, because it was stage one and she thinks she got it, but there is a gray area becuse she had to take it off bone and couldn't get a clear margin. my family all works full time jobs and have family, they will help when they get time. My husband hasn't been able to belong to a group so we have just sat at home for the last 10 years or so. He can't stay in one place for long he gets bored and wants to leave and If I don't, he make a lot of noise, hollowing if I don't take him home right now he will walk. He has gotten lost many times and I have to watch him when Im out. thank you for your replys. I will call around and see who and what is out there, like I said we live in a small town and from what I'm getting I won't be able to drive after the first 2 or 3 weeks.

cancer surgery on July 7th. 2008, I'm now a survivor. cancer free for now. 39 radiation, and 8 chemo treatments.