Margaret- it's probably just the burning from the radiation your smelling, not the hay in the barn! Just kidding! It's so exciting that you are almost done! Hang in there!

Christine- I bought some chocolate soy milk today, I'm lactose intolerant, so it's soy for me, which is fine, because I really like it.

David- I have been doing the 2calHN down the PEG, I only have to do 4 of those a day for my calories so it won't take much effort when I start drinking them. I tried the 2cal before I had my surgery and my only complaint was how thick it was so I guess I'll be thinning it down some with soy milk so it may not matter much that there are so many calories in a small can!

I bought some different teas today, one with honey, and it is sooo good! Does anyone have any suggestions for juices? Apple juice is a little rough on my throat, even cut with water, but I know it is kind of acidic. Any other suggestions? Juice is the one thing I have been craving.

Stephanie, 23, SCC on the right side of my tongue, surgery on 5-19-08, over half my tongue removed, free flap constructed from my forearm, bilateral neck dissection, one positive node. Radiation (32) and chemo (carboplatin) started on 6-16-08. Recurrence 4/09 in lungs.

**** Stephanie passed away 12.15.09.... RIP our dear friend****