I am officially one week out of treatment!!!!

I will have to try the honey in water (I can't taste sweet though so I don't know how it will taste). My ulcers are getting better slowly. I was able to drink a glass of tea today - and taste it (I didn't put sugar in it). It just loosens up everything in my throat so then I have to go spit mucus out in the sink for a little while after! I had about three days this week that I spent mostly in bed, but I have been up and about the past two. Apparently my blood work Monday showed I was slightly anemic and my white blood cell count had gone a little further down from the week before. I will have more blood work this next week to check my counts again. But I'm feeling good now and I'm noticing a few slight changes for the better. I'm hoping by the weekend I'll be able to down some soup and smoothies or something but I'm taking it slow! I want my ulcers gone and my throat healed up before I try too much. Also, my skin from the radiation is almost healed up! I have a couple spots left, but that's about it! So I'm definitely on the mend!!! Thank you all for the advice and encouragement!!!

Stephanie, 23, SCC on the right side of my tongue, surgery on 5-19-08, over half my tongue removed, free flap constructed from my forearm, bilateral neck dissection, one positive node. Radiation (32) and chemo (carboplatin) started on 6-16-08. Recurrence 4/09 in lungs.

**** Stephanie passed away 12.15.09.... RIP our dear friend****