I'll be seeing my ENT the most for followup, I think. I also have an oral surgeon but he isn't the one who did the biopsy (that was an about-to-retire oral surgeon who is now retired), or even someone I saw until my entire treatment was over (if I'd seen him before he would have recommended pulling more teeth than were pulled and I'm not sure if I should be glad I found him so late in the game or not ebcause of that). So I basically view the oral surgeon as someone I'd go to if I or my dentist thought I needed oral surgery or possibly if the ENT saw something that needed a biopsy on my tongue or on the gums or something. So no regular checkups with the oral surgeon.

My radiation oncologist apparently views his role as only being that of an involved doctor during radiation. I swear when the breast radiation ended he sounded relieved when he said "there's no reason to come here for a checkup again".

But my medical oncologist is still wanting me to come in every two months and on the months I don't get a checkup from him I get a checkup from my ENT.

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"