Tony
Have a blast at the game. Being up in the great frozen North (A.K.A. Canada) our football season ends in late November.

I'm also following the HPV-16 connection closely. Part of me wonders if I'm still looking for something to blame, but another part needs a definitive reason for the cancer, if there's one out there. I too smoked for a lot of years, and quit the day I had surgery. Since I had a bunch of "hiccups" post surgery ( respiratory failure, led to a heart attack) they kept me asleep for 5 days.

By the time I woke up, I already had 6 non-smoking days in so I had no trouble with staying off of the cigarettes at all. I'm sure the tobacco contributed, but I also think there's a lot to learn about the HPV-16 connection.

Here's hoping we hear someday soon that we're among the last oral cancer patients to be treated with surgery, chemo and radiation. I'd be so thrilled to hear that a vaccine would prevent anyone else from going through this nightmare.
Wayne

SCC left mandible TIVN0M0 40% of jaw removed, rebuilt using fibula, titanium and tissue from forearm.June 06. 30 IMRT Aug.-Oct. 06