1st Alex- my husband has a couple of problems with swallowing. 1- his tongue is sewn to the floor of his mouth and thus he has very little control over it. 2- All but 4 upper front teeth were removed during his surgery so he can't chew. We try to avoid any food that can't be swallowed in small bites and go down smoothly. Your Dad will need to be very careful not to eat something that could choke him. Offer lots of pastas,cooked very soft veggies, rice maybe[altho John has trouble with rice getting lost in his mouth]lots of gravy and sauces.

Nelie, I fixed the onion, garlic soup yesterday. Everyone[John, my 36 yr old son,and my 14 yr old grandson] liked it. Thank you. Tonite I cooked a risotto [with Aborio rice and peas] and chicken wings and mushrooms, browned in olive oil,then simmered in chicken stock and Campbells Cream Chicken gravy for about 45 min. The meat was so tender that John ate about 6 wings. The food he can eat WITH NO TROUBLE

CGtoJohn:SCC Flr of Mouth.Dx 3\05. Surg.4\05.T3NOMO.IMRTx30. Recur Dx 1\06.Surg 2\06. Chemo: 4 Cycles of Carbo\Taxol:on Erbitux for 7 mo. Lost our battle 2-23-07- But not the will to fight this disease

: