So here's my progress report. Saturday I had about 12-15 spoonfuls of cream of sqaush soup. I can do about 5 or 6 swallows before it starts hurting so I did two or three rounds of that. The squash soup had some ginger in it which made it sting a bit more than othersie I think, although it wasn't a lot (that I could taste anyway). Today I had about 10 spoonfuls of onion soup (without the yummy cheese and bread of course). The good news in all of this is I could taste not JUST salt in these soups but other taste as well so my taste sensations do not appear to be totally zapped.

Now if only I could EAT more. I was visiting my fmaily this weekend and my parents really do know how to eat well--my husband got treated to calamari and yummy fresh salads and crab-filled ravioli and sanwiches with rich grainy bread and thick slices of good cheese and I SO wanted all that! Maybe one day. It really seems awfully far away right now.

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"