This is such a wonderful post. I have always believed that humor is the best medicine.

But my husband is not one who will take the humor for what it is. He was dehydrated this weekend and I took him to the hospital to get juiced up. They also loaded him with nausea meds that make him a bit loofy. He was in the middle of telling me some story about some lady and her cats, which I did not understand, and suddenly fell asleep. I wanted to laugh because I thought it was cute but if I had he would have hit the roof.

So I laughed quietly inside as I walked out of the room to let him sleep.

I so wish that he could laugh the way you all do. Every little thing from drooling to suppositories, from which I could find an enormous amount of humor, only makes him angry.

Thanks for sharing your humor. It certainly helps to see that there are others who are riding the wave without forgetting how to smile.

Oh how I wish that humor lived here in my house.

Ironically, my husband has an incredibly beautiful smile. I just wish I could see it more.

Cindy

Caregiver to ex-husband Harry. Dx 12/10/04 SCC stg 3, BOT with 2 nodes left side. No surg/chemo x4 /rad.x37(rad comp. 03/29/05)Cisplatin/5FU(comp. 05/07/05)-T1N2M0-(cancer free 06/14/05)-(12/10/06) 2 yr. Survivor!!!