Getting a new jaw bone makes the mouth not work as well so I had some issues learning how to eat again after surgery. My grandaughter, Shelby, who was 3 at the time took it upon herself to be my little helper. When food would fall out of my mouth on to my numb lower lip (i was clueless) she would HOLLER out "Nana, you're leaking again!"
That was a kind of cutsie one, here is one on the far side of humor. My daughters and I share an odd sense of humor and we tend to find humor in ANY situation. Remember that my left lower jaw bone was taken out and replaced with the bone from my lower leg. My daughters will tease me that I "am putting my foot in my mouth again". Funny that humor can be found in cancer. Again, just another way to beat it.

SCC Left Mandible. Jaw replaced with bone from leg. Neck disection, 37 radiation treatments. Recurrence 8-28-07, stage 2, tongue. One third of tongue removed 10-4-07. 5-23-08 chemo started for tumor behind swallowing passage, Our good friend and much loved OCF member Minnie has been lost to the disease (RIP 10-29-08). We will all miss her greatly.