My Mom is just about four weeks post therapy and all signs indicate she's coming along well. I'm looking forward to her follow-up visit with the ENT and having a CT scan next week. I am grateful for her progress, but I have been experiencing a lot of anger lately. I am angry at the docs who told her the sore in her mouth was nothing to be concerned with. Although it's been months since this all took place, it has put me in a very ugly state of mind. I don't know why I am having this delayed reaction. Perhaps because I've had a little time to process everything that has taken place. I can't stand being around myself, and I'm not pleasant to be around either. I have no patience and I just want to be alone. I feel so bad for my wife because I have been in such a foul mood that I have been retreating from her and everyone else. The poor woman had a miscarriage a week ago and I've done my best to be there for her, but it's not easy. I feel so overwhelmed emotionally with from Mom's cancer, trying to have a child and business being kind of crummy lately, I just want to hide from everyone for about a week so that I can sleep and think. It would be nice to get away from phones and worries...just me and my thoughts. I need to digest whats taken place over the past ten months so that I can straighten out my head, get rid of this anger and learn to live with the cards that have been dealt. This year is really nothing but a blur to me. I look back on it and I feel as though I've been watching someone else's life. It's strange.

Mom's caregvr. DDS failed to dx 01/03. Dx Stg IV SCC 05/03. Induct. chemo, IMRT, 5FU, H, Iressa, Neck disect, radiation. Dad's caregvr. Dx 01/04 Ext. Stg SCLC. Mets to liver/bone 08/04. Died 11/12/04. Mom tongue CA dx 06/13, hemiglossectomy (80% removed) 08/13. Clean margins and nodes, but PNI. 6/15/15: Tongue CA at base of remnant tongue. Declined further tx; hospice.
Died 10/13/15. What a long and difficult journey.