Congratulations on the last chemo and almost next-to-last XRT! It's true that for most people they feel just as bad or worse for couple of weeks after radiation ends, but at least you're done with going to radaition every day, the mask, etc. You can just rest. And spit phlegm :rolleyes:

I actually ended up in the hosptial with a fever from a mysterious infection for about 10 days after the end of radiation--my WBC and RBC was so low from chemo they kept me there until the fever went down and the RBC started looking like it would increase. The fever came on about 2 days after radiation ended. They never did really figure out entirely what caused it and I think it was just my body saying "enough"! I'm telling you this as a basis for downward comparison so you can feel like your next two weeks are better than that!!!

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"