Hey we often wondered how you fed thru the tube without a bag. Interesting, so can you feed faster or do you have to pour it in slowly?
Any concerns of it causing dumping?

Tim my folks also warmed the cans a bit by sitting them in hot water to take the chill out.

When my Dad was dehydrated the nutritionist said we could put Gatorade (has electrolytes and lots of cals) thru the tube; make sure you flush well so it's not sticky. (He didn't try it, stuck with the cans and water). Our nutritionist wasn't a fan of putting anything but cans and water in the tube; yet I've read that people put all sorts of things thru it.

My Dad was told to avoid caffiene and alcohol.
There is a med called Domperidone; it helps move the feedings around better and prevent nausea. My Dad didn't feel it helped; he only took it for a couple of days. But it might work for you.

We found by measuring out the water in a jug every day is a good way to ensure you are getting all or close to what the dr recommends. Otherwise it's easy fool yourself.

Keep up the good work Tim!
Lisa

My Dad (Sam) at age 69 dx SCC Base of Tongue T1N2C Well-Diff - March 2006.

35 IMRT rads & 3 Cisplatin chemos - Apr-June/06. Nodes shrunk 50% Dr's suggest ND. Negative PET - he declined ND.

March/07 Had Bilateral ND. No Cancer!! Doing Well!