Yup, I'm getting a PEG Friday and, after meeting with the oncology nurse who will oversee the chemo part, I'm also getting a port put in during the same period of sedation/anesthesia on Friday. I have horribly inaccessible veins and I'm going to be getting an Amifostine injection every day of the radiation so a port will really help with that.

Between the PEG and the Port I'll be ready for whatever they want to put into me :rolleyes:

Just so long as they don't start putting in things to get it out of me--hopefully that I can handle on my own!

I think I'll be OK being restrained. I had a stereotactic biopsy for my breast and you have to stay very very still during that and I was fine. As long as they tell me what's going to happen before they do it, I can usually handle it.

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"