If you think about it, a person that has had the PEG can really speak about it from both sides of the fence. I know what it felt like to try and eat with my throat tore up the way it was and that was very early in my radiation treatment. I also know how simple it was to keep my nutrition where it needed to be with the PEG. So, we PEG users really do offer a unique opinion as we have been on both sides.
I'm with you Helen, I could not tolerate the drip feeding. I did everything bolus with a syringe and did it as fast as I could, I was impatient with it, lol.
To PEG or Not To PEG...........that is the question. Either way all of us should be admired for what we dealt with.

SCC Left Mandible. Jaw replaced with bone from leg. Neck disection, 37 radiation treatments. Recurrence 8-28-07, stage 2, tongue. One third of tongue removed 10-4-07. 5-23-08 chemo started for tumor behind swallowing passage, Our good friend and much loved OCF member Minnie has been lost to the disease (RIP 10-29-08). We will all miss her greatly.