I am one of those lucky ones who still have all the teeth kept in my mouth. I just went for a dental check yesterday and had two minor fillings. The advice my dentist always gave me is drinking more water to keep the mouth moist all the time, frequent brush and flossing after meals. I use Oral B mouth wash and don't know if it helps or not. I start using Biotene toothpaste but do not know if it is more effective than ordinary ones like Sensodyne I have been using for a long time.I go for a dental check every 3 months and a thorough clean every 6 months. Other than that, I have no idea what you all have mentioned about dental trays,flouride treatment,etc. Gary, if you don't mind, would you tell me in greater details of those terms you have listed in your post. You may email me at [email protected] if you think these terms are common enough that others here know very well. I seem very ignorant at this point but know well that our dental problem can get really serious if not taken care of . Thank you.

Karen

Karen stage 4B (T3N3M0)tonsil cancer diagnosed in 9/2001.Concurrent chemo-radiation treatment ( XRT x 48 /Cisplatin x 4) ended in 12/01. Have been in remission ever since.