Chelle, They also think my husbands cancer was related to the EBV Virus. They asked my husband if he was ever in South East Asia, and he said he was in Guam and Vietnam during the war. So who knows, my husband chewed for 30 years. He stopped cold turkey on 1/4/07(the day he ws told he had cancer) A few of his friends stopped chewing since his cancer but some say it won't happen to me. I am sickened by this. But he did asked the Dr. if the chewing was the cause of his cancer and they told him they just didn't know for sure but it certainly didn't help, It is just the luck of the draw! Would your chances of been smaller without the chew? Of course but who knows. So much uncertainty in this cancer world. I have to hold myself back when I see a young person chewing, I want to go up and tell them our story. One thing I do know, I have a large youth group I am in charge of at our church and you can bet they will hear my story come fall!!! LJ

CG to husband 53,39 rads. 3 rds cisplastin ended 6/2/07 Tonsils removed 1.10.07 11 of 20 nodes positive- lump removed on rt. side of neck 1/26/07 cancer of nasal pharnyx TXN2MX 2nd rd. of chemo- carbo/taxol on 6/11/07