Dee,

I can completel relate with your feelings. For one year, my sister fought and lost to this horrible disease. It is a struggle to watch those we love hurt and suffer. I know your feelings of wanting to care for your mother yourself. Although my sister lived with my parents, I made caring and nursing her my main priority.

A hard thing to accept is that you need outside help. My mom and I tried to do it ourselves, but in the end, we couldn't do it all. Hospice was wonderful. My sister's nurse was the most amazing woman I ever met. It's truly hard to believe that a stranger can care for your loved one in the same way that you can, but we found out that all of the hospice nurses are fantastic and really care about all of their patients.

It's hard to rely on someone else, but in the end, it is better for you, your mother, and your father. I pray that God helps you with your decision in caring for your mother. I am keeping your mother and your family in my prayers and am praying for a miracle.

God Bless.

Sister of Kim, a 24 year old cancer fighter diagnosed on 12/5/04, who fought strong and hard and died with dignity and honor on 1/3/05.