Nicki,

As the "culprit" of conveying the news of Lynn's passing I have to admit it was one of the tougher tasks I can remember in my 48+ years of life. All of us have joined OCF at the time of someone passing. There have been many in the past year for me and I feel like a piece of my heart is ripped out with each one. In the case of Lynn it was very hard partly because I had spoken with her on the phone, emailed/private messaged her often and met all of her family. At her services I fully realized the greatness she humbly achieved in this life and the glory ahead of her as her just reward. When we all met for lunch during the last weeks I saw the sadness in her oldest daughter's eyes and remembered Lynn saying how much time she spent away from her family while she was at MD Anderson and how she would not leave them this time.

You will experience many emotions on this wild ride you have embarked on. Do not waste a single moment worrying if you can. Enjoy every day to the fullest because you will never have that day to live over (unless you are Bill Murray in Groundhog Day).

The absolute greatest thing about this website and especially this forum is that all of us have the strongest bond I have ever experienced. Just as DaniJams and Sabrina expressed, WE HAVE BEEN THERE (and back!). It is so wonderful to be able to ask someone if they, too, are experiencing something so quirky that you are embarassed to ask the doctor. I think of Sabrina's quiver in her liver (or butt, as the case may be) here eek but you can substitute many things in place of that event. Almost all of us have either had someone like you by our side or been someone like you by a loved one's side.

I hope we can all do something to help you and Tom through this.

And by the way, this site has won an award, thanks to Brian!

Ed

SCC Stage IV, BOT, T2N2bM0
Cisplatin/5FU x 3, 40 days radiation
Diagnosis 07/21/03 tx completed 10/08/03
Post Radiation Lower Motor Neuron Syndrome 3/08.
Cervical Spinal Stenosis 01/11
Cervical Myelitis 09/12
Thoracic Paraplegia 10/12
Dysautonomia 11/12
Hospice care 09/12-01/13.
COPD 01/14
Intermittent CHF 6/15
Feeding tube NPO 03/16
VFI 12/2016
ORN 12/2017
Cardiac Event 06/2018
Bilateral VFI 01/2021