Hey Mokie and Chrissie,

I'm am doing well in some areas, so no more drains or cannulas. Hurrah! I'd had so many needles in my body that my veins were collapsing.

I'm really struggling with swallowing. I know it's 6 days since the surgery but I thought I had been swallowing liquid but turns out I hadn't been properly swallowing.
I only have a sliver of base tongue, the other mass is my free flap and that is a lump of flesh that won't move. Any hints or tips? I tried to use a straw but I just couldn't suck! I tried a teaspoon of water but don't know how to get it into the area to swallow.

Also I'm frustrated with my trackie. It's been fitted in at an odd angle and it's really tight. I've done well with using the speech valve but really struggled with a closed cap on. I know part of it is because my throat will still be swollen but isn't another part is the actual trackie itself, sitting in my wind pipe.

So are there any hints or tips about how to be comfortable with a trackie with a closed cap on to prepare for it being removed?

F 39 x-smoker no alcohol
05/20/19 T4aN1/N2bM0 SCC a whopper of a tumour at 8cm long & 4cm wide
Pembro pre & post surgery
RIG
Glossectomy ND RFFR 08/13/19
RT x33
2x cispltin
So far, no evidence of disease
Now an author of a recipe book for mouth cancer patients