I'm going to give a link which I've found helpful for a lot of situations ... it might help for your husband, if he'll read it, or it might not. (I really need to just remember to bookmark it!) It's called the 'Ring Theory' and it's about how to offer support and comfort, and who you get to gripe to, and who can gripe to you. The idea is that the patient (or the bereaved) is the center circle of a series of circles, and can gripe / grieve / request support to anyone outside that center circle. The next layer out might be immediate family ... who can gripe to anyone outside their circle, but NOT inward (to the patient, in this case, you). Friends and other caregivers might be your next circle. And so on. Anyone can fuss outward, but no one can fuss inward. Only comfort and good stuff goes inward. It's a really helpful way to look at things, and to remind us to see where our support network might be lacking, too. The original article is this link, I think: https://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-...407-silk-ring-theory-20130407-story.html

If you read it and like it, maybe your husband would be willing to read it and discuss it with you, and help figure out who HE can talk to when he needs support / comfort / praise for doing well. That would help both of you. We didn't have this article when I was going through treatment, but we did have a talk about who my husband was going to turn to, when he needed to let off steam and frustration, to make sure he had someone, and so he knew I knew that it would be rough on him as well as me. It helped, some.

Lots of ((hugs)) to both of you, but especially you. ((extra hugs))

Surgery 5/31/13
Tongue lesion, right side
SCC, HPV+, poorly differentiated
T1N0 based on biopsy and scan
Selective neck dissection 8/27/13, clear nodes
12/2/13 follow-up with concerns
12/3/13 biopsy, surgery, cancer returned
1/8/14 Port installed
PEG installed
Chemo and rads
2/14/14 halfway through carboplatin/taxotere and rads
March '14, Tx done, port out w/ complications, PEG out in June