Hi VirgoMom,

Things are much worse here-- I am heading back to the Main OR very very soon with 2 of my head& neck surgeons, for 2 different surgeries .

Tell me how often does it hapoen, that one has 2 back to back appointments in one day, for 2 surgeons, and then they Both decide to take you to the OR as soon as pissible? That's what happened to me Wednesday.

The mass found beside my vocal cords, which is in Moderate dysplasia, was due to be scoped again Wednesday, so I was there for that, and my next appointment was with my primary head & neck Oncology surgeon-- because the Lump in my front mouth, which he biopsied in January, has now almost Tripled in size! And it is so painful.

So, the first appointment, with the Director of Voice & Swallowing Disorders center,-- and he has been my doctor many years... He scoped me, and we saw that this pre-malignant lesion has grown and recovered from the 5 punch biopsies he took in February. I
So, he said he wants me in the Main OR, to do a more extensive biopsy of it, and then zap it with Laser surgery.
Then he Warned me that Laser surgery will Not eradicate it, that it will not go away, and that he will have to keep addressing this , every 8 weeks.

I showed him this big painful oral growth, and he said Oh, Dr. Browne will want to cut that out! So let's do both surgeries same day! Let me know when he sets the day in the Main OR.

Next, I went to see my oncology surgeon, and yes, he wants it out. General anesthesia, ..maybe some grafting, tissue transfer, etc.

They said what about Thursday? Well, Tuesday I go under anesthesia for G I, for EGD with dilation of my esophagus ( the 5th one since November). MAC anesthedia...
So, General Anesthesia only 48 hours later, might be too much.
So I await a date for the Main OR, after my procedure Tuesday.

Not looking forward to a mouthful of sutures again, and even more swallowing pain, but I have to do it. This mouth tumor is So Painful !! Need it out of there, and another Pathology report.

I am working on getting my Signature down to " under 500 characters". Hard to do, in my case!

I am so glad you are enjoying a good life and are having good times!
It's what I hope for eventually .

Crystal

Last edited by Crystal J; 04-05-2019 08:03 AM.