Hello Crystal!

My gosh you have been through so much! May I ask when your first diagnosis was? My cancer was also tongue cancer but my tumor caused me to be in a lot of pain. Was that the case with your tumor also? Also, were you able to retain any of your sense of taste? I read somewhere that there's a woman that lost her entire tongue but still can taste because of taste buds on the roof of her mouth. I was not aware we have taste buds on the roof of our mouths but I'm certainly happy for that for us glossectomy peeps.

For your recurrences, were those found on the CT or the PET scan? Basically I'm curious to know if it's pain and discomfort that helped you find the new tumors???

I'm so sorry for all the questions and I understand if you don't care to share any of it. So glad to hear your writing from home and not a hospital. A hospital can really take it's toll on our mental well being even though we are there for our physical well being!!

Laura Age 40
Tongue lesion on left side grew and was hurting in mid-August
Dx as squamous cell carcinoma on 9.18.18
Left Neck Dissection and tongue surgery, lost a fourth of my tongue on 10.1.18, tumor had grown to a T3
Margins were clear except front section of tongue margin had three stray cancer cells that were not in the tumor
Additional surgery 10.18.18 to remove another cm near where the stray cells were found
33 radiation treatments from Nov 2018 through Jan 2019