Oh gosh Crystal!

I really did read your weight and think (and hope) that it was a misprint!! I bet your cold all the time without any body fat. I've just lost some weight and man I can tell because I'm just ALWAYS freezing.

I am so sorry for all your going through! I hate that doctors are reactive and not proactive to stopping the tumors but I guess that's why it's CANCER. We don't know a way to prevent them, we can only remove them once they come along.

You are right about OC being a bit of a lonely disease. This site is great but it really isn't very active at all. I have learned to be careful about who I speak to in my personal life about what I'm going through because so many people DO NOT UNDERSTAND. So therefore they make rude and inaccurate remarks that are hurtful. I have a very good friend that doesn't seem to realize that my leftover fatigue issues are not something I can just power through and overcome. If there's no energy to get off the damn couch, don't tell me oh I just need to get outside and go for a walk and then BAM, I'll have energy. No. It doesn't work like that at all. I'm trying slowly to build up my strength but it's not so cut and dry. It's difficult to gage how much to push myself. I have done so many times now just to find myself completely wiped out the next day. Sorry, end rant haha!

The way yours grew from 1 cm and up very fast, I can totally relate. Once mine started growing it grew very fast as well. I don't think quite as quick as yours but it was on its way!!! What's frustrating is that I was calling around to several ENT's to get in and get a biopsy and those people were trying to give me an appt a MONTH OUT. I knew I didn't have time to wait. Luckily I live close to a big city, (St. Louis, MO) and was able to keep calling and calling until I found a place that was willing to get me in the same day. Prime example of how we HAVE to advocate for our health!!!

What a double whammy that your immune system is compromised. It does make sense now how your tumors have been so rampant! But in all honesty, I considered myself very healthy prior to this. I just turned 40, walk 30 minutes daily, did kickboxing once a week, ate somewhat healthy, keep up my friendships, keep up my mental health, worked, no health issues ever....bp, ldl, hdl, triglycerides...EVERYTHING was always in the 'very good' category AND I STILL GOT CANCER. So there you go, your immune system really isn't to blame is what I think.

Were you just going to your general doctor for the earaches? I'm just wondering why they didn't look further into it if they were recurring and antibiotics weren't seeming to help??

I'm here if you need to talk more, I doubt I have much advice as I really don't feel all that knowledgeable, but I can lend an ear!

Laura Age 40
Tongue lesion on left side grew and was hurting in mid-August
Dx as squamous cell carcinoma on 9.18.18
Left Neck Dissection and tongue surgery, lost a fourth of my tongue on 10.1.18, tumor had grown to a T3
Margins were clear except front section of tongue margin had three stray cancer cells that were not in the tumor
Additional surgery 10.18.18 to remove another cm near where the stray cells were found
33 radiation treatments from Nov 2018 through Jan 2019