Well, for a while it did change how I thought about what I ate ... once I was well enough I did go through a period of trying to eat a lot healthier. Was starting to enjoy it too ... some foods I'd never liked before. Then the allergies kicked in. Just can't win sometimes. LOL. (Seriously, who gets a spinach allergy?) But ... I'd had food issues for YEARS before the cancer, due to severe nausea due to panic attacks, so my rule of thumb had been, if it stays down, it counts as a good food. It was the only way I could survive for a long time. I'm not exactly a stellar role model on this question. I still praise God that nausea was not one of my issues during chemo, because everything makes me nauseated... don't know how I missed out on that one.

Now that I'm still dealing with the trauma from the denture surgery, I'm back to, if I can mush it down, it's good. If it stays down, it's better. So ... still not a stellar role model. smile But my doctor and I try to keep an eye on the basics ... I require B12 shots and other stuff, so we watch closely. My husband keeps a good eye on me too.

Surgery 5/31/13
Tongue lesion, right side
SCC, HPV+, poorly differentiated
T1N0 based on biopsy and scan
Selective neck dissection 8/27/13, clear nodes
12/2/13 follow-up with concerns
12/3/13 biopsy, surgery, cancer returned
1/8/14 Port installed
PEG installed
Chemo and rads
2/14/14 halfway through carboplatin/taxotere and rads
March '14, Tx done, port out w/ complications, PEG out in June