husband is now eating anything he wants. chips, pre packaged frozen meals, fast food. This is how he ate before cancer. I quit cooking a few years ago because I would fix a healthy nice dinner and he would be in the fridge minutes later saying it wasn't emotionally satisfying! What??

I thought he might make healthier choices now. Guess not. He doesn't even want to take the B6 or B12 supplements to help with his numb feet and hands so that was wishful thinking on my part. I noticed all the healthy food got put in a box (applesauce, tubes of baby food, soups, etc) and the chip bags came home!

Did you make changes to your food choices after cancer or just carry on and eat as before? I'm just curious of the thought process for others. I made changes a few years ago and got rid of my diabetes plus some significant weight but I grew up with a health nut dad so I went back to how I ate growing up rather than the junk diet my husband helped us gravitate toward. He lost 60 lbs during treatment but has been putting it back on pretty quickly so I guess the weight loss was just temporary for him. I would say at 3 months out from treatment, his life and habits look like they did before cancer. I doubt anyone would know he had cancer if they hadn't been told.

Spouse of 58 yr old with BOT cancer
Stage 4a HPV16 positive
3 chemo treatments cisplantin
35 radiation treatments 7000 cGy
former smoker/chewed tobacco for 38 yrs.
1/2020 diagnosed with cancer near TMJ
4/2020 chemo 5 days every 2 weeks
6/2020 proton therapy
9/21/2020 cancer free