I love your brutal honesty KristenS!! The thing is, you are right on target!

I guess I hoped he would connect what he put in his body (tobacco,alcohol, food, etc) to some of his health issues but he does not, in fact, even when the doctors tell him to take supplements or get out of that bed, he rebukes their advice. He still wants to hurt the doctor who told him to stop acting like a 2 yr old and asked what was keeping him from using a feeding tube and why was he starving himself because numbers don't lie. I told him to get over it, I guess the truth hurts.

He seems to have retained a nearly perfect return to how foods tasted before. I remind him how fortunate he is.

He does have a core philosophy that the rules don't apply to him so I see he's going to test that again with a return to many of his past behaviors, not just food. I will continue to improve my health by making better choices as I just know better and have seen better.

Thanks for sharing, I was just curious if it changed how others thought of what they ate or not.

ETA: he has not gone back to tobacco yet as far as I know, I scared him to death about all the alcohol by telling him I read that a doctor was quoted as saying that patients that went back to tobacco and alcohol never returned for his study because they didn't survive. wanted to clarify those aren't his bad behaviors.

Last edited by ConnieT; 01-23-2019 08:33 AM.

Spouse of 58 yr old with BOT cancer
Stage 4a HPV16 positive
3 chemo treatments cisplantin
35 radiation treatments 7000 cGy
former smoker/chewed tobacco for 38 yrs.
1/2020 diagnosed with cancer near TMJ
4/2020 chemo 5 days every 2 weeks
6/2020 proton therapy
9/21/2020 cancer free