Hello,
Boy, I feel your anxiety. Very understandable. Getting on this website and fishing around is frightening in and of itself!. I agree with the above posts, make your way to a comprehensive cancer center (CCC) and ask for a node biopsy.You will then have some concrete information. My husband's scope procedure revealed nothing abnormal. No throat symptoms, just the one swollen lymph node which persisted after a course of antibiotics. His first needle biopsy was negative for cancer, but because they didn't like the volume of aspirate, and didn't like the findings: necrosis, they did an ultrasound-guided biopsy which produced more tissue to examine. The pathology showed him to be strongly positive for HPV 16, and the Pet scan showed uptake in one tonsil, so he had robotic bilat tonsillectomy.. Back to work now. Rough post-op course tho. Good luck to you, hopefully with your youth, it's nothing. Be your own advocate and ask for a biopsy just to ease your mind. Hope it all turns out to be nothing.

Melba