Dear Oral Cancer Support Members,
I went to my ENT last week and he said that I have small cell cancer of the epiglottis and the left false vocal chords. He will not operate because it will be a a very big life changing experience as to having a stoma, removing most of my voice box and probably never eating regular again. He had long talk with my radiologist and they have concluded that 35 rad treatments and no chemo to this area will take care of it. I will start treatments March 6th! Funny, I have appointment with the denture Doctor that morning before the first treatment (I don't have dentures yet) I wonder what he will say about it. I also had a lung scan with dye done 5 days ago and have not received the results yet, I will go and get a copy of the disc and the report day after tomorrow morning. 8 months ago I had lung scan and they said I had a small spot on 1 of my lungs and I should keep a eye on it. I don't want to start throat radiation before I know the results of lung scan. Am I not correct in my thinking.
By the way, the ENT and Radiologist both said that this cancer has not mastecized from my tongue to my throat but that I am just unfortunate that have been diagnosed with cancer 2 times within 1 year. 40 years of smoking and 27 years of heavy drinking have finally taken their toll !
Thank you all for your support!
Murphy...

5/31/16 Partial Glossectomy
Right neck dissection
22 teeth extracted
Six weeks of radiation Ended 8/19/16
2/8/17 Biopsy of epiglottis-cancerous
35 radiation treatments to the throat, End 11/17/17
8/23/19 Tongue reconstruction, left radical neck dissection