I am so sorry you are dealing with a recurrence! I had been hoping it was scar tissue or something related to the treatments you just finished.

I would suggest seeking a second opinion at a CCC. The CCCs are used to dealing with complicated cases and may have options smaller local facilities do not.

Unfortunately, I do know a thing or 2 about recurrences. Ive been thru it myself. I dont know if rads will be an option or not (another reason for a CCC is so important). Most patients can only have one round of rads. I do know of several here who have had rads twice and even fewer who have done rads 3 times. This is on a case by case basis. If having rads again, it is to a different area. Since you just finished rads if getting rads again its likely to be a lower dose. Surgery is usually the treatment for recurrences after a patient already had rads.

The PEG tube is a tool to help you get thru treatments easier. If its an option to get the feeding tube prior to any treatment it would be easier than getting it after rapidly losing weight. I know having a feeding tube is uncomfortable and hard to deal with mentally but it really is a very good option.

Feel free to ask questions and we will do our best to help you get thru this.

PS... Im sorry I do not remember your history. I'll send you info on how to add your signature so its easier to help you. Look for a tiny flashing envelope next to the My Stuff tab.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma