Hellion, I started rads a little bit after you and the main focus was more towards the front of my mouth. Maybe that's why I haven't had a sore throat. My pain was controlled very well during treatment by Controlled Release Oxycontin with Immediate Release Oxynorm for breakthrough pain. Can't sing the praises of that pain relief enough.

Like you my skin was the first thing to clear up ... took just under a week for the dead skin to slough off and splits to heal.

I really hope the vomiting ceases soon. I've been moaning about losing my taste but heck, I've had an easy time compared to you. Just hope someone can medicate you to stop the pain and vomiting or that time itself works its magic.

Regards
Maureen

1996, ovarian cancer surgery + cisplatin and taxol.
September, 2007, SCC of left lateral tongue. Excision.
October, 2009 recurrence in scar tissue, T1NOMO. Free flap surgery from left wrist - neck dissection. 63 year old New Zealander. No chemo, no RT.
February, 2014. New primary in left buccal mucosa. Marginal mandibulectomy, neck dissection, right arm free forearm flap. T1N0M0 but third occurrence and some areas of concern: RT started 8 April and finished 19 May.