Hang in there, very soon you should begin to feel a little better. Keep working on what you have within your control... your intake. Every single day right thru until you hit your year post rads mark keep pushing yourself to take in the minimums of 2500 calories and 48-64 oz of water. Thats what will help you to recover, taking enough in every day.

Its surprising to me your neck healed so quickly. Usually that takes a little longer, so you really are making progress. I know its hard to see it when you are in it.

Its usually right around when most hit the 3rd week after finishing rads when they wake up one day feeling slightly less crappy than they did the day before. You will experience lots of ups and downs during the next couple months. By the time you are 3 or 4 months post rads you will be feeling almost like your old self. You will notice improvements in your taste mostly during the first 6 months, even after that it will keep making gradual improvements. Keep in mind, recovery can take a full 2 years. Your body has been thru the war and back so its not going to bounce back immediately. Especially since radiation in continuing to work even after you finishing your treatments.

Hang in there! The worst is over. Its all downhill from here.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma