Wow you're having a lot of tongue removed I'm very surprised your not getting a graft. It will make for a shorter surgery though. My tumor was 2.4 cm x 1.4. And it was grafted. I know it sounds small but in terms of a tongue... It's not - my dr removed 1/3 of my tongue and the left floor of my mouth to be on the safe side. bless him. I was going to say great on the diet. Eating healthfully can only help but as Gloria says - make sure if you have to have rads and chemo - they aware of any supplements and vitamins you are taking. By the rate of re growth I would say your cancer is poorly differentiated - push push push - ideally (though it's not fun) I would be hoping for chemo. And rads. Hugs and best of luck!

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan