My husbands best bud just finished a few months ago at the Loma Linda treatment facility. He had the proton tx for his prostate and was thrilled with the results.

As for the road ahead, I cannot say anything about the Hep C but the rads and chemo are an experience for sure. He had IMRT which burned his skin pretty badly. He has never lost his ability to swallow or talk and he says his throat does not hurt. He completed 37 rad txs last Tuesday.

I know all about the dragging feet thing and I can tell you that the teeth pulling thing almost stopped him from doing any of the txs. I have no idea why he got so stuck on that ONE tooth but he was determined to find some way to keep it. He wanted to do a root canal or something, anything, just not pulling. He took it to an extreme level of frustration until I just went forward, made the appointments and made sure that he was there. It wasn't as devestating as he thought it would be and looking back now, it was the mildest part of this process so far.

I would say that if you can afford to go out to Cali. that maybe you should try it. We couldn't go that far and my husband's best friend lives in New Mexico so it wasn't as far for him. He swears by the treatment though and it was the first thing he recommended to us when Harry was diagnosed. I cannot say about how it works on other kinds of cancer though so you might want to do some research on your own.

I wish you both the best of luck!

Cindy

Caregiver to ex-husband Harry. Dx 12/10/04 SCC stg 3, BOT with 2 nodes left side. No surg/chemo x4 /rad.x37(rad comp. 03/29/05)Cisplatin/5FU(comp. 05/07/05)-T1N2M0-(cancer free 06/14/05)-(12/10/06) 2 yr. Survivor!!!