Im so sorry you are struggling! This whole thing stinks, that for sure!!!

Notify your chemo oncologist about everything you have said here. You should have some very strong anti-nausea meds to help combat the nausea. There are even anti-nausea meds that come in suppository forms. Keep taking the meds even if you think you are ok, once you get behind its nearly impossible to get ahead of this.

What you are describing is partly why we stress the importance of intake. Everything that comes out needs to be put back in. Losing so much weight in such a short amount of time is not good and can quickly lead to malnutrition and dehydration. A combo of those things can earn you a stay in the hospital for a few days. Please do yourself a huge favor and push to take in a minimum of 2500 calories and 48 oz of water every single day. Water is especially important to flush the chemo out of your system. I know you are probably sitting there thinking I must be out of my mind but Im speaking from experience. I spent a couple times hospitalized for dehydration and malnutrition. Ive also watched countless others go down that same path after I warned them. Ask your doc for a prescription to get hydrated in the chemo lab several times per week. This will help you to feel better almost instantly.

Usually the doc will lower the 2nd dose before discontinuing it completely. Thats what happened with me. First dose I didnt handle it very well, 2nd cut in half and third cancelled.

Hang in there!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy