I met with my doctor here at UPMC today after having a CT. Dr. and radiologist both felt CT was very indicative of an ulcer. My Doctor was not real happy with the ENT back home telling me it looked like a textbook tumor or the fact that he questioned whether I still wanted to fight this thing and had I considered Hospice. He said �I wish these guys would just take the biopsy and shut up until the results come in�.
He let me know that it would not bother him at all if I just went home as we have a negative biopsy and a CT backing it up. But it is a nasty ulcer and he said he can clean it up a bit while at the same time taking a few more samples just to make sure we see no disease. I am already scheduled for the surgery suite on Thur. so he is leaving it up to me. Part of me just wants to go home and the other part says go ahead and do the procedure. It is a minor one and he will not be cutting enough to need any stiches and I�ll be under less than an hour.

I also keep wondering what would have happened if I took the other doctor�s advice on the hospice. Has anyone ever been evicted from a hospice for not having a fatal condition?

Kelly
Male
48, SCC (Soft Palet) Rt.,
Stage 1, T3n0m0,
Dx, 8-09, Start IMRT 35 9-2-09 end 10-21-09
04-20-10 NED
8-11 recurrence, node rt. neck N2b
10-11 33 IMRT w/chemo wkly
3-12-12 PET - residual cancer
4-12 5 treatments with Cyberknife & Erbitux
6-19-12 Pet scan CLEAR
12-3-12 PET - CLEAR