Hi Pat!

Welcome to OCF my new friend! Glad you found us my dear, sorry you had to!

From the sounds of things...this is "normal" From the sounds of things he's doing very well too as he's in good spirits and moving around, that is awesome!

The pain from where the flap was taken in the leg is very common, that was where I experienced the most pain actually after surgery. I was rockin my walker for quite sometime afterwards and still bust out my cane every now and again.

This is a "huge" surgery to be sure and it takes sometime to recover and heal. Key is to keep breathing, keep him out of pain (pain is the enemy of healing as it puts the body in distress and slows the healing process) and just take it one step at a time.

We are here to support you both, we've been there and can help answer any questions Pat. I'm very glad you found us smile The people on these forums have been a Godsend personally so plug in as much as you need! Don't be afraid to ask questions or reach out!

Eric

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.