Charm - It was so good of you to post the article on caregivers and depression. When my son and I were in the worst of his recovery, It was so very difficult to keep fighting the depression and the anxiety that was part of every day. Without OCF I don't know what I would have done - especially the times when Paul (my son) was at his most difficult. At one point I did blow up too, and yelled at him and then felt so guilty, when I left his house, I just sobbed and cried all the way home! But the tears brought a certain relief and my blow-up had a good effect on Paul, because he did start responding a little better. And to "Coping in Texas" don't be embarrassed with the doctor. I'm sure she understood that some of us don't even realize when we are depressed. It could be the doctor did recognize it and that's why she made the suggestion. Seems to me, it might be worth a try with the anti-depressants just to see if it helps your husband and makes him feel a little better. If we as caregivers get depressed, it's certainly not out of the question for our survivors.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)