I have to say I know nothing about cccs. But I went to a oral surgeon who biopsied and it came back as cancer. That oral surgeon referred me to another oral surgeon. The second oral surgeon is one of the best docs in the area for oral cancer, and he doesn't work at a ccc. I was also given a ENT for my reconstructive part of the surgery, and he as well, was one of the best. They both were very knowlegable about oral cancer and were able to answer all of my questions. I have never had an oncologist through my whole treatment as of yet, and both my ent and oral surgeon met with a tumor board to decide the best path of treatment.
So sometimes you get good docs at other facilities that arent ccc's that know a lot about what your dad has. I guess it's up to you. But I wouldn't say that a ENT wont know as much as a doc from a ccc. maybe he will but maybe he won't. I got lucky i guess cuz I ended up with a oral surgeon, a ent, and a radiation oncologist that are the best in the state of minnesota, and i have yet to step foot in a ccc.

25/female at diagnosis
Dx;stage 3 SCC tongue 03/25/2010
Surgery 04/13/2010
Trach,ng tube, peg feeding tube
Hemiglossectomy, right side neck dissection, 40 lymph nodes removed. Free-Flap transplant to tongue.
30 rounds IMRT ended July 15,2010