I am constantly asking my surgeon - "if it is back, are there options". He tells me there are always options - just a matter of whether I want to go there or not. I don't know how I would react if a doctor told me there was nothing further for me - I would undoubtedly, get another opinion, so probably the only thing you can do right now, is find the name of someone you would go to for a second opinion.

But, We're putting the cart before the horse. At this point you need to take a deep breath, relax those shoulders, and KNOW that you are not there yet. It isn't cancer until the biopsy says its cancer and that has not yet happened.

Know that WHATEVER the results, we are here with you.

Hugs

Donna

Donna,69, SCC L Tongue T2N1MO Stg IV 4/04 w/partial gloss;32 radtx; T2N2M0 Stg IV; R tongue-2nd partial gloss w/graft 10/07; 30 radtx/2 cispl 2/08. 3rd Oral Cancer surgery 1/22 - Stage 1. 2022 surgery eliminated swallowing and bottom left jaw. Now a “Tubie for Life”.no food envy - Thank God! Surviving isn't easy!!!! .Proudly Canadian - YES, UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE IS WONDERFUL! (Not perfect but definitely WONDERFUL)