I have been able to maintain and gain weight by having 2 ensures 3 times a day. I also use ensure as a base for smoothies. My smoothies include:
vanilla ensure, Healthforce Vitamineral Greens, Healthforce Earth, fruit juice, Flax seed meal, a coop of vanilla ice cream or yogurt and a piece of fruit. add stuff you like) I smoothitize it all with a braun hand blender. I have these smoothies with whatever else I can eat like sausage gravy, wonton soup, egg drop soup.
Admittedy the healthforce (dehydrated veggies, roots and barks, aren't the tastiest, but I mix 'em up to find recipes that I can bare ande sometimes really enjoy.
So I was 187 having lost 103 lbs aftet first surgery and got to 210 lbs in a few months.
After second surgery I went down to 180 and now am waffling between 185 and 195.
Also, others have said, do not over due exercise. I find myself too tired to take care of myself well and too sore which leads to me losing weight.

Last edited by hisnibs; 04-10-2010 02:03 PM.

Age 52, T2 N0 M0 SCC of left anterior floor of mouth. Esophagoscopy, Direct laryngoscopy, Resection of left anterior FOM lesion w/ lateral tongue. left selective neck dissection levels I-IV. 5x6cm skin graft coverng excision. Finished 33-35 rad Tx. False recurrence 12-22-10 last surgery 2-15-10