Hi everyone,
This is my first posting. My oldest daughter was diagnosed November 2008 with cancer of the tongue. I'll never forget hearing those words, "I'm sorry it's not good news, you have oral cancer." I was devastated for her.
They felt it was very early stages, and she did the right thing by going straight to her Dr when she first noticed the lump under her tongue.
She had a large area lasered out and they said no lymph nodes were affected. They felt they had got it all and didn't need radiation. All was good.
Ever since surgery she's been plagued with sore throat and what drs have said is sinus problems.
She rang me this morning beside herself as over the past few days she has noticed a decrease in tongue mobility, and is feeling constantly she has a crumb stuck under her tongue. My heart sank and I felt ill. But went straight into positive mode, saying it could be scar tissue or the feeling returning to her tongue. But inside I feel ill and am hanging on till she sees her surgeon. Luckily she got an appointment quickly so not long to wait.
She is 33 and married with 2 babies 3yrs and 18 mths. Everything in life has been a struggle for her, and I can't bear the thought of her having to deal with this all over again. Thanks for letting me express my fears,

Jude

mother of 33 yr old diagnosed with oral cancer - tongue - Nov 2008. Light smoker. Surgery 18 Dec 2008 - lasered base of tongue and got good clearance. Removed part of tongue itself.
No lymph nodes affected as caught early. Held off on radiation. Recovering well, taking scares in her stride.