it is just heartwrenching at how severly burnt andy is. his skin just falls off. i dont know whats worse...the dry, flaky burnt skin on the top or the hot pink skin underneath. it looks horrible and painful. although he doesnt complain about the outside of the neck/face. he said his pain is coming from inside.
i read some other posts about aloe vera plants. my neighbor has a HUGE one, i am going to get some to put on his face/neck.

he was red and dry at the beginning of last week, but after completing his treatments (finally got thru all 5 in one week), it is bad.

he is still in alot of pain. he just got dialed up to 50 on fentynol (i know that is still low). but the prior week he was on 25 and it was managable. now, hes on the 50 and taking vicodin, and still in pain. he just put the 50 on earlier today about 2pm. has it had time to start working??

he isnt taking anything orally at this point. i do make him swallow several times a day though, so he doesnt lose that ability. he just looks at me like i am trying to hurt him by making him drink. i know its all for the best though.

he can barely talk. only a little whisper here and there. today, at the RO...she is normally so calm and cool and when she looked at his throat--i saw her eyes get huge and she looked worried.

i know we are going to get thru this, he is soo close to the end of treatment but geeezzzz...hurry up already....im gonna have a nervous breakdown! time seems to be at a standstill.

thanks for letting me ramble on...

Teresa
-----------
CG to ANDY. Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma (NPC)
T2N2cMxG4 stage 4. 43 @ dx 8/31/09
tx 9/21/09-11/06/09 cispatin/docetaxel/5-FU X3
PORT 9/9/09, PEG 12/07/09
35 IMRT-1/wk carbo 11/30/09-2/3/10
tx stopped due to complications
IMRT BOOST 3/08-3/12/10
PET 4/12/10 CLEAR!
PEG out 4/14/10