Don

Thank you for posting a link on this forum that actually conforms to the OCF dialogue guidelines. Your posts and presentations are both civil and thought-provoking. I have to admit that Dr. S's presentation was not only entertaining but persuasive, much more so than his book. Maybe it was the new 2009 studies slides or the wry way he told his jokes (my favorite was his quip on women shaving under the armpits and applying antiperspirant getting more cancer while those who did not got less cancer and less sex ). Now I can blame riding my bicycle behind the DDT truck that sprayed for mosquitoes each week in my childhood New Jersey town as we pretended we were flying through clouds for overwhelming my natural defenses.
Seriously, I guess I will have to get used to being the 15% of the population that he posits won't be protected by his anti-cancer regime. Or maybe the fact that my wife and I went on a "no sugar" diet for the last twenty years (and boy was that hard - scoping out the hidden fructose and secret names for sugar) is why I did not get cancer until I was 60. My wife did like that part of his book and web site about the post 1945 sugar infusion into everything remains a major cause of cancer - although we went on the diet for other health reasons as everyone we knew could not imagine how we could always decline dessert or ice cream or chocolate etc.
So thanks again for sharing this information. It is hard to extricate oneself from one's own personal experience and I still remain skeptical about its efficacy for anti remission instead of generic cancer prevention. It seems like "closing the barn door after the horse is out" in light of my experiences and adherence to all but his environmental protocols for so long. Still, one could not go wrong following his diet and exercise advice and he does not shill a particular product so I have to give credit where credit is due. I withdraw my prior objections and agree that his book is worth reading. I especially like the Q&A portion in the final minutes, where he specifically mentioned alcohol causing head and neck cancer but that red wine with a meal did not have a cancer causing effect. He was adamant about the meal part so I hope taking red wine in my PEG with Jevity 1.5 counts. He also clarified that it was better to eat broccoli with pesticides than no broccoli at all. In his lecture he was more precise about false hopes in remission than my initial impression of his book. So thanks again Don
Charm

Last edited by Charm2017; 09-07-2009 09:09 AM. Reason: bold my acceptance of book

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13