Regarding HBO treatments I have a question of others who have undergone them. I did a total of 40 dives with the first of which were done last October. I did 20 initially then followed with 10 after dental procedure. I was then prescribed 10 more later due to continued problems this past Spring. The greatest side effect I had and still have is vision problems. Prior to any dives I had perfect distance vision but had to use the "readers" at 2.50 strength. HBO gave me an odd visual reaction as I now only need "readers" of 1.25 strength and sometimes none at all but my distance vision is blurred/fuzzy. The Doc I dealt with at the HBO center told me that the visual changes would only be temporary and I should return to normal in every way after about 6 to 8 weeks following my last dive. Well, that was now 6 months ago and nothing has changed. I have held off on getting an eye exam with needed glasses as I am afraid that if I do that my vision is still going to change back. It will then be a waste of time and money to get glasses if the vision does eventually change back to pre-HBO treatment condition.

Has anyone else experienced what is starting to appear as permanent visual changes as opposed to temporary changes?

Thanks,

Bill D.

Dx 4/27/06, SCC, BOT, Stage III/IV, Tx 5/25/06 through 7/12/06 - 33 IMRT and 4 chemo, radical right side neck dissection 9/20/06.