Bonnie,
apparently you have a different type of hyperbaric treatment than others. What I and others have been talking about different. In our case you do NOT use a mask, instead you are in 100% oxygene and under pressure. So you breathe normally. You do however have to take 2 air breaks. This is the only time (5min or so) when you use a mask to breathe REGULAR air. I agree with you that using a mask sucks! I think it sucks even if you do this for a very short time. (generally they have to wake me up for it). Even so the mask should be adjustable so that you do not have to suck for the air. The mask that I am using does not allow any adjustment either but then it is only used for a very short time.
Suggest you explore if the mask can be adjusted for less tribulations, alternatively shop around for a mask-less chamber.

Re food: try shrimp (lots of butter) and smoked salmon (thin stripes, not the whole fish).
Also mushroom omelet (wet) amy be ok.

M

Partial glossectomy (25%) anterior tongue. 4/6/07/. IMRT start @5/24/07 (3x) Erbitux start/end@ 5/24/07. IMRT wider field (30x) start 6/5/07. Weekly cisplatin (2x30mg/m2), then weekly carbo- (5x180mg/m2). End of Tx 19 July 07.